Monday, April 26, 2010

Guilty as charged

Lineup of her treats in the house currently.

It's sad but true: some of us in San Francisco treat our dogs WAY better than we do fellow human beings. I used to look at people who treat their dogs like little babies with horror and disgust. Feeding them from their own plates; allowing to sleep with them in their bed; letting them ride in the front seat of the car; taking them to spas and restaurants; showering them with toys and treats....the list goes on. I couldn't understand why so much money could be spent on a dog when there were hungry people living out on the streets.

Well, so much for my self-righteousness. After Maggie came into our lives all I can think about is what to buy
to keep her happy. I would buy treat after treat after treat that there would be constant supply of treats open in the house. I soon realized that Maggie was filling herself up with more treats than kibble. She's even gotten picky about kibble now that I alternate two different brands and give her Merrick's delicious can foods so she won't get bored.
I am terrible and I am making a conscious effort to change starting now.

No comments:

Post a Comment